Missing monthly payments and incorrect cancellation date | Eneco Community

Missing monthly payments and incorrect cancellation date

• 7 juli 2019
  • 20 reacties
  • 607 Bekeken

• Heeft er veel zin in (level 7)
  • 10 reacties
Hello

I have become a client of Eneco from E.on. My problems started in February 2018 when Eneco bought Eon and I got my first Jaarnota for a wooping 1336,04 Euro despite my monthly payments. My monthly payments to E.on were never considered into this calculation.

My payments to E.on account totals to 470 Euro and there is no answer from Eneco except that they are checking this with accounting. I have provided all proofs of payments in an email to klantenservice and the issue remains open despite my formal complaint on this matter to Eneco.

As if this wasn't enough, I have moved out of my apartment 1 june 2019 thereby ending my contract through Energiedirect(They said they will take care of cancellation of contract with Eneco) and have my contract with Energiedirect active as of June 2019(exactly from May 26 2019). I received monthly payment on 1st June 2019 from Eneco and I paid it assuming its the endnota but I received again the direct debit 1st of July 2019 and this is when I realised that Eneco did not end my contract. I called Klantenservice and informed them about this and they cancelled it as if my move date is 7 July 2019. They also mentioned that my case was transferred to DAS because of their automatic system setup.
I have emailed them immediately saying this is incorrect and the move date should be 1 June 2019. I would like to seek advice as to how to get this whole thing resolved.

Best Regards
Sudheer

20 Reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +5
Hello @Sudheer,

Welcome to the Eneco Community and thanks for notifying us with your complaint. I will have to do some research on this since it involves a time when you were a customer of E.ON, but I'll work as quickly as I can. I do have a question: you mention that your jaarnota, recieved in february 2018, doesn't include your monthly payments done in the year before. Are you talking about all monthly payments in that year or a couple of them? I'm asking this because in the e-mail you send us, the screenshots start on december 2017.

As I understand correctly you moved out of your appartment and switched to a new energy supplier for your new appartment? Because of this move the new supplier will not contact the old one to notify the switch. Simply because the new supplier doesn't have anything to do with the old address, they're supposed to supply the new address. Therefore we processed your cancellation on the 8th of July because of the call you made 3 days before. We weren't notified on time to process the cancellation on June first. I'm sorry to say, but I think Energiedirect misinformed you since you were the one to notify us of your move.

Best, Denise
Hello Denise

I have moved from Soest to Utrecht in last week of November 2017. So my payments to Eon started from December 2017 as my endnota upto November 2017 was generated and paid in full.

Coming to my move to new address and cancellation of old contract, see below the email that I received along with contract from new service provider: I am currently checking with them also as to why my contract with Eneco was not cancelled as mentioned below.

I appreciate any help you can offer in this regard.

Best Regards
Sudheer

Switching to Energiedirect Particulier 3 jaar Altijdvoordeel from Energiedirect

A step-by-step plan is given below to explain the process, which also includes an overview of the switch to Energiedirect.As you will see, you hardly have to do anything as almost everything is arranged for you.

2 Confirmation

You receive a confirmation of your application from Energiedirect.

2 Switch

Energiedirect cancels your contract with your current supplier. You don't have to do anything yourself.
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

Thanks for the reply! You say the following "My monthly payments to E.on were never considered into this calculation". Can you explain to me which monthly payments you mean?

Looking at the message from Energiedirect, I'm afraid they haven't explained everything to you in detail. When you switch from energy supplier it's common that the new supplier takes care of the switch. This means that they'll inform the old supplier of the switch. Keep in mind that this is only the case when your wish is to switch from energy supplier for the same address. In your case you switched from energy supplier and moved to a new address. Because the new supplier has nothing to do with your old address (they don't even know about your old address), they will not notify the old supplier of your wish to terminate the contract. That's your responsibility.

Best, Denise
Hello Denise

Below are the monthly payments done to E.on that were not considered:
28 Dec 17 E-on 47
29 Jan 18 E-on 47
28 Feb 18 E-on 47
28 Mar 18 E-on 47
30 Apr 18 E-on 47
28 May 18 E-on/Eneco 47
28 Jun 18 E-on/Eneco 47
30 July 18 E-on/Eneco 47
28 Aug 18 E-on/Eneco 47
28 Sep 18 E-on/Eneco 47

Below is my take on Energie direct situation:
I think the statement is clear enough that they will take care of cancelling the contract with current supplier. As quoted below:

"
Energiedirect cancels your contract with your current supplier. You don't have to do anything yourself.

"

When they know that I am moving to new address and when they say they will take care of cancelling current energy contract, it is obvious that they have to make sure the contract with Eneco is cancelled.

I hope this is explained clearly.

Best Regards
Sudheer
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to do some research on these missing payments and will get back to you as soon as possible.

I agree that the way how Energiedirect communicates this message looks like they were supposed to be the one to cancel your contract with us. But knowing the way how energy suppliers work together, this is not the way it works. The best advice I can give you is to file an complaint with Energiedirect about this situation.

Best, Denise
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

You've sent us an e-mail with the bank withdrawls of December 2017 untill April 2018. Can you also provide us with the withdrawls of May 2018 untill September 2018? You can send these by e-mail to klantenservice@eneco.com like you did before. Thanks in advance!

Best, Denise
@Sudheer

Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to do some research on these missing payments and will get back to you as soon as possible.

I agree that the way how Energiedirect communicates this message looks like they were supposed to be the one to cancel your contract with us. But knowing the way how energy suppliers work together, this is not the way it works. The best advice I can give you is to file an complaint with Energiedirect about this situation.

Best, Denise

Hello Denise

I received below reply from klantenservice. It appears Eneco is adjusting the meter readings and closing the case from their side. Is my understanding correct? Do you still want me to file a complaint with Energiedirect?

Thanks!

"
Afmelding
Bedankt voor het versturen van het opleverrapport. Ik heb een verzoek ingediend bij onze backoffice om de meterstanden te corrigeren. Omdat het niet mogelijk is om de uithuisdatum voor stroom in het verleden te melden, hebben wij u voor stroom afgemeld per 6 juli 2019. Voor uw stadsverwarming hebben melden wij u met terugwerkende kracht af per 3 juni 2019.

Ik hoop u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd en wens u nog een fijne dag. "
Reputatie 5
Badge +2
Hi @Sudheer

Denise is not in today.
I'll make sure she picks this up once she's in again.

Best, Vincent
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

My colleague requested our administrative appartment to adjust the meter readings. I just checked and the request was denied. I'm sorry for the wrongful promise my colleague made. That means I still advice you to file an complaint with Energiedirect.

Best, Denise
@Sudheer

You've sent us an e-mail with the bank withdrawls of December 2017 untill April 2018. Can you also provide us with the withdrawls of May 2018 untill September 2018? You can send these by e-mail to klantenservice@eneco.com like you did before. Thanks in advance!

Best, Denise

@DeniseMR

I have sent the required information for the payments from Mei to September 2018 to Klantenservice.
I hope to have sufficiently informed.

Looking forward for a resolution.

Best Regards
Sudheer
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

Great, thanks. We're working on sorting this out at the moment. Once there's news, I'll let you know.

Best, Denise
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

The monthly invoices that you paid throughout December 2017 and April 2018 are processed on your jaarnota which you recieved in December 2018. You can find the other invoices (the ones between May 2018 and November 2018) on the latest jaarnota which you recieved in April of this year.

Do you have both jaarnota's so you can look these up? Or would you like me to send them?

Best, Denise
@DeniseMR

Thanks for the information. I am ok with the explanation on the Jaarnota and the handling of payments.
However, on the cancellation date I would like you to reconsider and make amendment.

I also would like to bring to your notice that I have sent below email to Eneco about me not living at this address in beginning of June when I saw the monthly direct debit as Ideally this should have been stopped. Eneco should have cancelled the contract atleast after this email. I request you to reconsider this and provide me a resolution that benefits Eneco and me. As this happened because of miscommunication from both sides, can you provide me with the final invoice that I should pay to close the account for good and start with a clean slate?

I also would like to bring to your notice that the payment link stopped after March and as I did not receive it in April and May, how do you think I will be able to pay?

I have included pictures in next message because of space constraints.

Best Regards
Sudheer
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I can't open the links. Can you tell me on which date you send the e-mail about not living on the address anymore? Also, I don't quit understand what you mean with the payment link. Can you maybe upload a picture of this?

Best, Denise
Pictures attached.

@DeniseMR

Please refer to above 2 emails attached as pictures.

Best Regards
Sudheer
Reputatie 7
Badge +5
@Sudheer

Thanks! Unfortunately the e-mails you sent aren't documented in your client profile. This is because you've send your e-mail to an e-mailaddress belonging to one of our financiel departments. This e-mailaddress is only used in certain financial matters, which means that this wasn't the correct way to notify us of your move. Besides that I don't see any miscommunication on our side about this situation which means that I can't cancel your contract earlier.

We can't answer any payment question via the Community because of your current debt. You can call our financial department for this on 010-8921599 (usual costs).

Best, Denise
@DeniseMR

Thanks for the reply. Its strange that Enenco doesnt take responsibility for its miscommunication. If the email is sent to financiel department then atleast they could have mentioned the same and replied to me to contact klantenservice so I could have done that immediately rather than letting their customers go unnoticed. I will take this up with financial department at the contact number you mentioned.

Best Regards
Sudheer

Reageer