Issues with setting up new contract and different monthly payments then promissed | Eneco Community
beantwoord

Issues with setting up new contract and different monthly payments then promissed

Dear All,

I would like to ask you for explanation of few things:

- I concluded new contract with Eneco and I was told that my monthly payments will be Euro 127. I had Euro 145 with my previous provider Nuon, so my key motivation and also YOUR REPRESENTATIVE selling story was that I will save costs. In my Eneco and also in the e-mail I received is that my monthly payments will be Euro 225. In the contract you sent me on 31st December 2018 is the total year costs for me Euro 1.527, which divided by 12 is expected Euro 127 per month. Can you pls explain me the difference? I expect my monthly payments will be Euro 127!!!
- your service representative confirmed to me, that Eneco will deal with Nuon, will end the Nuon contract and pay the earlier cancellation fee to Nuon and that my contract will start with Eneco 6th or 7th of January. This was also confirmed to my by your contact center. Apparently I saw that 7th of January Nuon deducted still January 2019 payment, which in my opinion should not happen if you would properly took over the contract from Nuon. Pls, explain, what you are going to do with this issue. I assume that you have not dealt with this process step properly. Nuon still consider I am their client and therefore sent me invoice for January. How will I get the money back?
- lastly I was told that there is a starting bonus, which I will get in cash of Euro 200. That has not been yet processed. Same also payment of January to you has not yet been deducted from my account. I assume that will still happen in a due course of January, but pls, can you confirm when are you going to process these 2 payments?

I will appreciate if you contact me on 06 836 291 92 and properly explain me all related to my question above.

Best regards
icon

Beste antwoord door Rodney 15 januari 2019, 11:38

Hi @M. Havelka,

Thanks for your post, happy to inform you.

Our representative offers you a bid based upon your estimated consumption, I reckon you've talked this through. Whenever our supply starts however, the proposed installement is not based upon these numbers but calculated with the historical consumption of the adress you're living at. That's one of the reasons we offer the option to adjust your monthly installment. I've just did so (to 127 euro's) and will send you a confirmation by e-mail.

Our supply on your adress started on the 6th of January 2019. This fact also means that your previous supplier has stopped, it's (technically) not possible to have two suppliers at the same time. When you switch it is quite regular to still pay one more installment to your previous supplier. This is for the simple reason that they will need some time (six weeks at the most, decided by legislation) to make your final invoice.

On this invoice your monthly installment, which are actually payments in advance or deposits, will be settled with your usage. This usage is determined by your final readings at the 6th of January, the same readings you started with at Eneco. This makes it impossible to pay for the same consumption twice. In short, the switch has been processed as it should.

Regarding your final remark. By now you should have received an e-mail with the proposed cashback in it. Also, after our supply starts, it takes several weeks to charge the first monthly deposit. You'll soon receive a payment slip for the first installment. This is not necessarily the payment for your consumption in January (bear in mind the answer to your second remark) but simply your estimated yearly consumption divided by twelve installments, so the first in this series.

A final advice might be to change your method of payment to automatically. This has the advantage for you to pick a fixed date every month when we will deduct the monthly installment.

Do not hesitate to ask if there are any questions left!

Bekijk origineel

4 Reacties

hello @M. Havelka welcome to the forum

when going through the contract, a calculation is made on the basis of specified meter readings. the final advance is later calculated by eneco on the basis of previous years

my advice is to leave the proposed term costs for the time being and let Eneco do a new calculation after about 3 months on the basis of your own consumption.

this way you avoid having to pay extra. after all, you live in another house (bigger / smaller) old or new and issolation

In addition to the above, keep in mind that as of January 1, 2019 the tax on gas and storage energy will be considerably increased
Reputatie 5
Badge +3
Hi @M. Havelka,

Thanks for your post, happy to inform you.

Our representative offers you a bid based upon your estimated consumption, I reckon you've talked this through. Whenever our supply starts however, the proposed installement is not based upon these numbers but calculated with the historical consumption of the adress you're living at. That's one of the reasons we offer the option to adjust your monthly installment. I've just did so (to 127 euro's) and will send you a confirmation by e-mail.

Our supply on your adress started on the 6th of January 2019. This fact also means that your previous supplier has stopped, it's (technically) not possible to have two suppliers at the same time. When you switch it is quite regular to still pay one more installment to your previous supplier. This is for the simple reason that they will need some time (six weeks at the most, decided by legislation) to make your final invoice.

On this invoice your monthly installment, which are actually payments in advance or deposits, will be settled with your usage. This usage is determined by your final readings at the 6th of January, the same readings you started with at Eneco. This makes it impossible to pay for the same consumption twice. In short, the switch has been processed as it should.

Regarding your final remark. By now you should have received an e-mail with the proposed cashback in it. Also, after our supply starts, it takes several weeks to charge the first monthly deposit. You'll soon receive a payment slip for the first installment. This is not necessarily the payment for your consumption in January (bear in mind the answer to your second remark) but simply your estimated yearly consumption divided by twelve installments, so the first in this series.

A final advice might be to change your method of payment to automatically. This has the advantage for you to pick a fixed date every month when we will deduct the monthly installment.

Do not hesitate to ask if there are any questions left!
Dear All
Thank you for your answer. Let me try to conclude
1. My first installment was changed to 127 euro for now. I received email with that amount as well as it is now visible in mijn eneco. This is anyhow subject to change due to two reasons: my consumption, which you will see in next months and changes in taxation. For the second one (taxation) I have to admit that it was in any way NOT mentioned by your representative, which I consider as issue as your representative does not give a full story about the bid!!!
2. Who will contact Nuon to do the final settlement? You or I should do it and inform them about the meter readings as of 6th of January? Obviously they deducted the full amount for January, but as you stated, they only have rights to deduct consumption for period between 1st and 6th of January 2019. Can I expect pay back from Nuon?
3. I would be happy to set up automatic incaso. Pls advise how can I do it.
4. I do not yet have the meter readings that seds the consumption automatically. I was told by your representative that you change it for free. I am interested. Can you inform me how this can be done soon?
5. You have not answered about the bonus of 200 euro your representative promised to me during the bid process. When can I expect that to be paid.
Best regards
Martin Havelka
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@M. Havelka

Thanks for your reply. Here's some more information:

• The taxe rates were publiced on January first of this year. This means that my colleague couldn't have known that the rates would go up. Earlier December there was a prognose, but no real numbers.
  • Nuon is working on your final invoice, as we speak. If you can provide us with the meter readings (if you haven't allready), we will send these to Nuon. You did indeed pay for the whole month of January, but we can't predict if you will get this amount back. This depends on your consumption, since the the payment is a deposit.
  • You can sign yourself up for automatic collection via Mijn Eneco. We can also do this for you, if it doens't work. In that case we would like to know your preferred date.
  • I think you mean that you have analog meters, in which case we can't automatically read the readings? We only offer free smart meters, if this is necessary for the installation of Toon.
  • You'll recieve the €200 discount on your first yearly invoice.
I hope this answers all your questions!

Best, Denise

Reageer

Cookiebeleid

Wij gebruiken cookies om uw bezoekers ervaring te verbeteren en te personaliseren. Ga je akkoord, of ga je door op de website dan ga je akkoord met ons cookiebeleid. Meer informatie.

Accepteren Cookie instellingen