How much do I pay for my heat? | Eneco Community
vraag

How much do I pay for my heat?

Hi! :)
My Dutch skilles are not good enough to help me with the utilities so I ask for some clarifications please.
I have tried to contact the customer service through Facebook since it was very handy when I had this option with my previous utilities provider but the delay of the answer does not help for any question or discussion so I decided to try the Forum.

I live in an apartment in Utrecht and I have a contract with Eneco for utilities (gas & electricity).
  1. First, I want to make sure I have arranged everything correctly and my doubt is that I only see 'heat' under the 'Products' tab when I log in to myEneco. Why is that? I had a really hard time setting a contract with you and I did that through the phone.
  2. I want to understand how to calculate the installation amount. I know that the suggested installation is based on the previous tenants and it is 144 euros. But what does this include? Which consumption is included in that amount? I want to know so I can decrease the amount since it is high for a small apartment where we do not really use the heating much.
Thank you very much, waiting for your answer 🙂

23 Reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +6
@D. Papachristou
Thansk for your message. Your monthly payment includes electricity en ''stadsverwarming'' usage and rent. I see you already changed your monthly payment. If we can assist you further please leave a message in this topic.

Kind regards,

Folkert
Thank you for your answer :)
Can you please answer me in question 2? Which consumption costs 144 E where the installement was? So that I can compare with our actual comsuption and see how we are going.
Thanks so much!
Reputatie 7
Badge +7
it,s dificult to learn dutch i now
but please try it , if you are live in the netherland,s

folkert answer your questions

best regard,s , jan
Good morning,
Is this a formal answer from Eneco?
I am in progress of learning Dutch but it will take long until I am able to understand all the letters and contract I have received in hard copies through mail.
There are many many expats and international students who live in the Netherlands who do not really need Dutch if they are not staying long in the Netherlands or they chose not to, since the country is friendly with them and there are universities accepting people from all over the world without any Dutch requirement.
Based on the above, I would suggest you to be more expat-friendly as a company since it will help a lot with your reputation and everything.

With my previous utility provider (Energiedirect) I had an excellent communication in English and with eneco I had a very bad experience trying to communicate either through messenger or phone. I would not recommend this company to my expat community unless it is mandatory to have contract only with Eneco (like my case).

Anyway, can you please let me know the yearly consumption of the previous tenants? 144 euros as monthly payment correspond to a specific consumption and I want to know so that I can calculate how much we spend monthly.

Thank you,
Dimitra
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@D. Papachristou

@jvdl is a member of the Community, not an Eneco employee. I'm sorry to read that you've had a bad experience with us untill now. Our English isn't perfect but we try our best, either here, on the phone or via Facebook.

I see that you allready changed your monthly amount to €80. Because of that it's not possible anymore for us to see on what consumption the €144 was based. Would you like to know anything else?

Best, Denise
Hi Denise,

thank you for the clarification. I got frustrated since I didn't find the answer professional enough.
I do not have any problem with the level of English of course, my English are not perfect either :)
I just meant that I had sent many messages which were not replied.

Ok, so I understood I cannot find out how much the previous tenants consumed.

But can I have an indication on the 80 E installment I have now?
For example, can I spend X amount of kW and Y amount of heat and be below the installation amount?

What I am saying is that, with Energiedirect, I knew I was paying an amount of Euros and this was based on 120 m3 gas and 1200 kW electricity (numbers are just example) consumption yearly.
So I was paying attention every month not to exceed the threshold 10m3 (120/12 months) and 100 kW (1200/12 months).

I hope my question is clear and thanks a lot!
Dimitra
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@D. Papachristou

No problem, thanks for your clarification!

A while ago we recieved a lot of messages via Facebook, so many that it took us a couple of days to answer them. I guess this was the time you messaged us, I'm sorry for this. Since a couple of weeks we have this under controll again, which means that we reply within a maximum of a couple of hours.

To be honest: your monthly amount of €80 isn't covering your costs. You're due to pay an amount of €99,68 every month for the rent of your heath installment. If I were to estimate that your heath consumption would be 25 GJ (below average) and your electricity consumption 1900 kwh (average), the right amount would be €126.

Would you like to change this?

Best, Denise
Hi Denise,

thank you for your answer.
What do you mean by 'for the rent of your heath installment'?
If I use the Eneco website and put 25 m3 gas and 1900 Kwh it shows 53 Euros as installment.

And what is the difference between 'gas' and 'heat'? I see that 'heat' is measured in GJ?

Sorry but it is quite unclear for me.
In the pas, I only paid gas & electricity, measured in m3 and Kwh and I had 2 clocks that I could see the consumption with no hidden costs or 'rent' costs.

Thanks 🙂
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@D. Papachristou

You have a house with an heath installment of Eneco which you pay rent for, that's the €99,68 per month. Because your house uses heath, you don't use gas. If you want to know more about the difference, you can check our website (Dutch).

This means that you now use heath and electricity, instead of gas and electricy. Heat is indeed measured in GJ.

Any other questions?

Best, Denise
Reputatie 6
Badge +2
Hi Dimitra,

Sorry to barge in like this, I'm in no way connected to Eneco. I think you moved to a house in which the heating system (both domestic hot water and central heating system) is powered by district heating. Apart from the energy consumption (measured in GJ) you also have to pay a rent for the heat exchanger (which is property of Eneco) in your home.

HTH
Thank you very much for your answers!
I understood the costs now.

I discussed with a couple of neighbors regarding this and they seem to pay much less on the 'heat rent' which is weird because we live in a building with identical apartments.
Why is that? Could it be that there is a miscalculation on my heat rent? Can you please check and show me where in the website I can find this information and why my neighbors are paying way less?

Thank you a lot!
Dimitra
Reputatie 5
Badge +5
@D. Papachristou there is no information available about personal usages. But you're questions regarding the consumption are understandable. Because you just moved to this address we based this consumption on the historical usage because we don't know anything about your personal consumption. After the first year you'll receive the annual bill based on your real consumption. After this first year, but also right now, you can lower your monthly payment. It's always based on advice. You can never only compare the amount of money with your neighbors without looking at the personal consumption.
And there is always the possibility to ask here in this forum to make ‘n service calculation, so that you know of the montly paymends are enough.
Hi,
Your misunderstood me. I know how the consumption works and how costs are calculated at the end of the month. I had energiedirect and I could see that I was paying the consumption of gas and electricity I was using which is normal.
I am asking about the 'heat rent' which is 100 euros per month, even with zero consumption, this is something i didn't have before and i don't know how it works.

My neighbors do not have the rent of the heat that high. Why is that? When can I be informed of the "hidden" costs APART from the consumption? I am calling them hidden since when i was trying to start a contract with you online, these costs were not stated in the website. There should be a clear way you calculate it per apartment.

Thanks,
Dimitra
Het betreft hier, zoals eerder bleek stadswarmte.
Dus de ts bedoelt kennelijk de vaste kosten die Eneco in rekening brengt mbt oa warmtewisselaar.

Wellicht dat een moderator deze vaste kosten analoog de jaarnota nog even hier kan verduidelijken.
Good morning,
Do you have an answer for my question please? :)

I want to know regarding the costs apart from the consumption.
You said we pay "rent" for the heating system, 100 Euros for a 49 m2 apartment, every month.
My neighbors who live in the same building in identical (or even bigger) apartments, do not pay that "rent" so high.
Can you ease explain me how this "rent" is calculated? Does it depend on the size of the apartment, or any other specifications? Is there any info in your official website?

Thank you,
Dimitra
Reputatie 5
Badge +5
@D. Papachristou thank you for your patience and sorry that I misunderstood your question. All the information you are looking for is to be found via this link. It is only available in Dutch. You'll find the calculation and rules regarding the fixed costs the heating system.
Hi Erica,

thank you for the link. I also found in the letter from Eneco I have received this information.
According to the letter (same applies for the website) I see this:

which states that apart from the consumption (leveringstarief per GJ warmte) I have to pay yearly
170.61 E (huurtarief - rent)
284.45 E (vastrecht warmte - fixed charge for connectivity and supply)
25.84 E (meettarief - fixed rate for measuring your heat consumption)

which sums up to 480.9 E which is monthly 40 E approximately.

Please help me calculate how my Ruimte verwarming is 99.68 E per month.
I think costs should be clearly explained to the consumer and I am really trying to cut the information in pieces but nothing adds up to 1200 E per year as the Ruimte verwarming payment will be.

It is an enourmous amount regardless the consumption for me and costs should be transparent and clear to all.

Thanks,
Dimitra
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@D. Papachristou

These aren't the current costs. To give you an insight, here's a snippet from your letter introducing your monthly amount.

Best, Denise
Hi Denise,

I know how much my payment installement for the heat is.
I am just trying to understand how it is calculated. You said that "You have a house with an heath installment of Eneco which you pay rent for, that's the €99,68 per month.".

And since I find this amount very high, especially comparing with my neighbors, I am trying to find formal information on why my "heat rent" is that high. And there is noone that can explain me this.
The picture I sent earlier is also sent by you through mail and I though it explains how the monthly installement is but the numbers do not add up.

You said that even with 0 consumption, I have to pay 99,68 E/month for the "heat rent" and I want to find where in the website of Eneco or in the letters sent to me this is explained.
You cannot come up with a number saying that is your "rent". You are a service company and you should be able to explain clearly why and how you calculate this "heat rent" per apartment.

Please, over the last 10 days I am trying to communicate with you but it looks like you do not know or do not want to explain how this works. I do not know if this is because I do not speak Dutch since this can be interpreted as racism but I cannot believe a huge cmpany like Eneco wants to have "hidden" and "unexplained" costs.

To sum up:
I was using Energiedirect and I was such a happy customer with them, they were able to explain everything and I understood what I was paying and how the consumption worked.
With Eneco, it is clear regarding the electricity but the heat is very unclear to me. You say there are fixed costs of 100 per month + consumption. I want to know how the "fixed costs" are calculated since my neighbors, living in the SAME apartment with the SAME Eneco box and SAME landlord pay less than me (without taking into account the consumption-just the fixed costs).

Can you please make an effort to find out how these fixed costs are calculated and where can I find it in the website or in the letters I received? Or redirect me on someone who knows the answer?

Thanks,
Dimitra
I think that the information used to compare with the neightbors not right is.
Why?
The costs for the rent of the heating equipment in all the appartments is the same.
I think that the information used to compare with the neightbors not right is.
Why?
The costs for the rent of the heating equipment in all the appartments is the same.

yes, I can agree that the "heat rent" is not the same for each house 🙂
Therefore I am asking how the "heat rent" is calculated. Is it based on the square meters? It it based on how old the apartment is?
I would like to know that information since 100 E unexplained fixed costs can make a big impact.
Reputatie 7
Badge +4
@D. Papachristou

The rent is the same for every building with the same installment as yours. There isn't a specific calculation that we provide that gives you an insight in how we came up with this amount.

If you'd like to know more about your heath installment but also the 'Warmte Wet' (that keeps an eye on our costs), you can read all about this via our website.

Best, Denise

Reageer

Cookiebeleid

Wij gebruiken cookies om uw bezoekers ervaring te verbeteren en te personaliseren. Ga je akkoord, of ga je door op de website dan ga je akkoord met ons cookiebeleid. Meer informatie.

Accepteren Cookie instellingen